All Announced Squads Ahead Of The Euros This Summer

What Is My ICC ODI Team Of The Decade?-SportsCurator's ICC Men's ODI Team Of The Decade

 Hello guys it's been a while since I have come up with a topic and I'm glad that I'm back.  And To my favor, ICC had announced the Awards Of The Decade.  And I have a topic to put forward to you guys.  And It is the team of the decade.  That counts the last completed decade.  So now let us get to the content And I am going to make a lineup from the nominees and, don't worry guys I will also point out the reasons for Picking the players up.  And Mine is mostly based what could they give the team when the play a match, I am considering the In match situations and making my line up.  So let us get to the line up.  You may also make your own lineup by clicking on this link that follows.  Vote For Your ICC Team Of The Decade.

BATSMEN:

     So let us come to the batsmen, the ones who make up the majority of the runs for the team.  And I have got 5 batsmen in my team, I have not added the wicket keepers in the batsman list even if they are not keeping wickets so let us first get to the openers.  

      Openers:  Rohit Sharma And Hashim Amla

                     My Openers in the team are two modern day greats of the game.  The flamboyant Rohit Sharma and Ever consistent Hashim Amla.  Rohit and Amla are the ideal openers for me because, aside the records and the right hand-left hand theory, Rohit And Amla are two different players, so when they combine their play styles together, we can only get a lot of success.


  Rohit likes to set himself up in the powerplay and bang it up in the middle overs, but Amla is way different, he likes to rotate and make quick runs in the powerplay with his fancy strokes and play defensively in the middle overs to set a score up.  So The duo could pair up well and might yield a great amount of success.  So here are their stats in the ODI format in the last decade.

Rohit Sharma: 7916 runs in 168 matches at an average of 54.97 and 29 centuries

Hashim Amla: 6207 runs in 144 matches at an average of 47.02 and 26 centuries

    Middle Order: Virat Kohli, Kumar Sangakkara, Ab De Villiers

                     My middle order consists of players who can give solidity and also who can blow away very quickly, I have Kohli at No.3 which is a no brainer, and Sangakkara at No.4 which is the position that he prefers and the position that enables him to set his innings up well.  Kohli and Sanga can form a lethal partnership in the middle if openers fail and I also have Mr.360 in my team.


  De Villiers once again is playing in his best position, that is no.5.  This will give him a 10 to 20  balls to set his innings up and blow off and finish the game.  So I think these guys are the ideal middle order choices for me you may take any other from the given nominees.  So let us get to the stats

Virat Kohli: 10388 runs in 208 matches at an average of 62 and 42 centuries and 2 Sir Garfield Sobers Award(Player Of The Year)

Kumar Sangakkara: 5630 runs in 125 matches at an average of 47 and 15 centuries and 1 Sir Garfield Sobers Award and 128 catches 

Ab De Villiers: 5521 runs in 119 matches at an average of 62.03 and 21 centuries and holds record for the fastest 100 scored in One Day Matches.

WICKET KEEPER:

            My Wicket Keeper can be Sangakkara but I prefer the Indian Legend Mahendra Singh Dhoni for his amazing reflexes and speed, he has had a lot of wonderful moments in his keeping and as well as his batting career.  Even in his last match he played a very patient knock to get India close to the World Cup Final but a great piece of fielding from Guptill saw him and India fall short.  To be fair, there was never a player who was treated like Sachin was treated by the fans.  Whenever Dhoni Comes, there would a roaring cheer even if Kohli had got out. That is the truth, and the last time I saw a whole nation mourning for a cricketer's retirement was back in 2013 when Sachin retired from the game.  And I saw it again when Dhoni Shockingly announced his retirement even without getting a proper farewell.  To the things he has done for the nation, he deserves his spot here.


  Stats never matter in these situations but he also has very impressive stats, so let us get to the stats.

M.S.Dhoni: 5040 runs in 178 matches at an average of 51 and 151 dismissals and the only captain in the history of the game to win all the major ICC Trophies-ICC World Cup, ICC 20 Over World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, ICC Test Ranking No.1 in 2009.  And One Of The Very Few Captains To Have Won More Than 100 ODI's.  So He is my captain as well.

ALL ROUNDER:

          Ben Stokes is my lone allrounder, there may have been Shakib, but Shakib would collapse the batting order as he is best at no.3, so I have gone with another complete player who can  finish games and also play well in the crisis situations.  He is also a very good bowler who can bowl at the death if the main bowlers fail, totally Stokes is my ideal allrounder.


  Who can forget his heriocs in the 2019 world cup, as he was a pivotal figure in England's Team.  So Stokes is my choice.

Stokes: 2682 runs in 95 matches at an average of 43 and 70 wickets and Current Winner Of The Sir Garfield Sobers Award.

BOWLERS:

         I have 4 bowlers at my discretion and one wrist spinner amongst them.  My Bowlers are, Mitchell Starc, Imran Tahir, Dale Steyn and of course limited overs legend Lasith Malinga.  Everyone knows what kind of bowler Tahir is, a genuine wicket taker and also a bowler with a neat economy.  And Mitchell Starc, deadly with the new ball and in the death.  And I will use Dale Steyn in the first ten overs and in the powerplay as he is best suited when the ball moves around even a little bit.


  Because Steyn is not that a very decent death bowler in my point of view.  He is one of my favorites but I would use him in the powerplay and in the middle overs.  So I have stokes, Starc and Malinga to bowl up in the death overs, with Tahir, Stokes, Steyn bowing in the middle overs,  And I have Malinga to bowl in the majority of the death overs, So I am prefering for overall balance, than spontainity.  So let us get to the stats.

Mitchell Starc: 179 wickets in 92 matches and twice the most wicket taker in 50 Over World Cups and Record Holder for the Most Wickets Taken In A Single 50 Over World Cup, 27, Man Of The Tournament In 2015 World Cup And Most Wickets Taken In The World Cup.

Imran Tahir: 173 Wickets in 107 Matches

Dale Steyn: 135 Wickets in 82 Matches

Lasith Malinga: 230 Wickets in 151 matches and 3rd Most Wickets in World Cups With 56 Wickets.  Most Number Of Hatricks In The History Of International Cricket

So That is it guys I leave you with my Team Of The Decade here and please do not fail to make your own lineups as well, If you have any suggestions or comments please drop it in the comments and like my page to get fresh sports content every day.



Comments

Post a Comment